Web Developer - Front End and User Experience Web Designer
Kalio is seeking a Front-End Web Designer/Developer and User Experience Consultant to join our team. This position will work with our customers and the rest of our Professional Services team to build and maintain quality eCommerce websites built on our KalioCommerce eCommerce platform. The successful candidate will join a dynamic group of people who combine the industry's best practices with state-of-the-art tools and web techniques to create eCommerce websites that outsell our customer's competition. Your work will directly affect customer sales and the online shopping experience of millions.
The successful candidate will hold a bachelor's degree and will have five years of relevant web design and development experience. The candidate must have consulting or professional services background with proven experience delivering websites for external customers. The candidate must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communications and an ability to manage multiple projects and priorities. If you have a creative side and like helping transform our customer’s brand equity into amazing websites, then Kalio may be the place for you.Position Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing and developing web sites.
- Experience designing and developing eCommerce websites. Search engine optimization (SEO), Paid-per-Click advertising, Triggered and Bulk Emailing, Social Media, and other eCommerce marketing experience is preferred.
- Solid experience consulting with external customers is a must.
- Responsive Design experience is required.
- Experience developing wire frames.
- Expert level in hand-coding HTML5 and CSS that perform in all browsers.
- Web design experience and online style guide development required.
- Photoshop (or other similar tool) to do image slicing, resizing, optimization, and other core manipulations. Most of our design work is done on the website in HTML/CSS.
- In depth knowledge of browser differences and devices.
- Bootstrap responsive framework experience.
- Experience working with AJAX.
- Experience helping customers design consistent user experiences (UX), performing user testing, and consulting on best practices desired.
- Familiarity with Object Oriented concepts and design patterns. .NET/C# experience is a plus.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities
- Consult with customers to define and build ecommerce websites for mid-market retailers.
- Design and develop well structured eCommerce websites.
- Optimize site markup for page load performance and SEO.
- Remain current with web development best practices and new technologies.
- Help our customers continuously improve their eCommerce conversion and user experience for their shoppers.
Compensation and Benefits
Kalio offers base pay with annual merit increases, as well as medical, dental, vision, long-term and short-term disability, paid time off (PTO which combines sick and vacation days) and 401(k) benefits for full-time employees.
Cupertino, CA (Relocation benefits not provided.)
Full time, employee status
Open and immediate