These are some of the unique characteristics of the platform that our customers value:
- Flexibility -- When we defined the requirements for KalioCommerce, we declared that customizations could not require platform changes. We needed an architectural model that didn’t limit customers. Customizations could not cause issues for future upgrades, and everything had to be doable without extreme costs.
- Multi-Tenant – A true multi-tenant product means that all customers use the same product, and that all releases are backward compatible.
- Can’t Get off of the Upgrade Path -- For us this also means that nothing is customer-specific in the platform and there is no way to get off of the upgrade path.
- Clear line between Platform and Implementation – It is imperative that the platform did not in any way dictate the user experience of the website. It did, however, need to make building and changing the user experience accessible and efficient. This degree of separation and supported independence is unmatched in any other mid-market platform.
- User Exits – User Exits are specific hooks into the shopping cart calculation process allowing a merchant to modify how the platform calculates price, promotions, shipping, or tax. This ensures that some of the more extreme uniquenesses of a business can be handled efficiently and provides peace of mind that you will not hit a wall.
- Continuous Change – We recognize that ecommerce is a continuously changing world. Embracing change is the key to success. It’s our job to make changes easy to do without introducing new issues, to help you do more, faster without sacrificing quality. We built KalioCommerce to give our customers maximum access. As a matter of fact, our customers have the same level of access as our services team has. We intentionally build tools that allow our customers to make many routine and not so routine changes on their own without requiring a developer.
- Stand the Test of Time – Building a robust ecommerce platform is a very large job given the vast number of things that the platform must do. So, picking a technology that will be around and architecting to insulate ourselves from trends allows us to ensure a long and productive life span for our product. Here are a few ways that we do this:
- The platform doesn’t limit you to a template.
- The platform doesn’t force any pre-conceived notion about what the user experience should be for a feature.
- The platform insulates itself from technology changes by making API calls Kalio-specific. This way if underlying protocols change like they did from XML to JSON, our customers are insulated.
- Access and Ease of Data Movement --
Your team will be able to easily and reliably handle many changes on the website. We do not require a programmer to make many changes. Also, our enterprise-class Integration Architecture allows you to use our pre-existing data imports and exports to easily move data in either an automated or ad-hoc fashion.